India, officially the Republic of India, is a country in South Asia. It is the seventh-largest country by area, the second-most populous country, and the most populous democracy in the world. The first question that comes to the mind of the people is –What is the Full Form of India? When information about various forms of India is found on the Internet, things get even more messed up.
What is the full form of INDIA?
INDIA is not an acronym or a short form and therefore has no specific full form. Instead, INDIA is one of the most popular countries in South Asia. It is also known as the most populous democracy in the world. This is because INDIA is the second-largest country in the world based on the overall population. Also, it is the seventh-largest country in terms of geographical area.
Even though INDIA is not an abbreviation, people have created various interesting full forms of the word. One of the most popular full forms of INDIA is the ‘Independent Nation Declared In August‘.
The full form of INDIA can be divided as below:
Let us discuss other forms of INDIA that various people have created and are constantly using.
- What Is Copyright? Under Intellectual Property Rights?
- Digital Health ID Card: Apply online, Registration, Benefits
Other Forms of INDIA – What is the Full Form of India
As discussed above, India has no definite full form, but people usually express it as ‘Independent Nation Declared In August’. It is only a fictionalized full form and people have created some other forms of INDIA in a similar way. Other most popular complete form of India is represented below:
This is another imaginary form of India.
A Brief History of INDIA
The name ‘INDIA’ is originated from an ancient word ‘Indus’, which was derived from the Old Persian word ‘Hindu’, from Sanskrit Sindhu. The word ‘Indus’ first came into existence in reference to the world’s oldest civilization, called the Indus valley civilization. Besides, the Indus was the name of a river that oriented major parts from Pakistan.
The Greeks referred to the country on the other side of the Indus River (Sindhu River) as Indoi. It was later abbreviated as India. Parisians referred to the term Sindhu as Hindu because they used ‘H’ instead of ‘S’. Therefore, they referred to the Indus as Hindus, which was later changed to ‘Hindustan‘. In olden times, India was also called ‘Aryavrata’. Bharat is another name for India.
Interesting Facts about INDIA
There are many interesting facts about INDIA, making this country popular worldwide. Some of the most interesting and essential facts are listed below:
- Taj Mahal, one of the seventh wonders of the world (2000-2007), is located in India.
- Chess was invented in India.
- Yoga originated mainly from India and has been in existence for 5,000 years.
- India was one of the richest countries by the time of British rule in the early 17th century. Until 1896, India was the only source of diamonds in the world.
- India is known for having the largest number of post offices in the world.
- The first university in the world, Nalanda Taxila, was established in India around the 4th century.
- The world’s highest cricket ground is also present in India (Chail, Himachal Pradesh). It was constructed in 1893 after leveling a hill. The cricket pitch of the ground is 2444 meters above sea level.
This article totally makes it clear that the word ‘India’ is not an abbreviated form, and has no full form. People have created some imaginary full forms of India to express their love for the country. If you liked this article What is the Full Form of India or got to learn something, then please share this post on social networks.